Region 10 Low Incidence Projects are sponsored by two federal grants: Low Incidence (LI) & Regional Comprehensive System for Personnel Development (R-CSPD). The projects are fiscally hosted by the Zumbro Education District, and serve all districts in SE Minnesota. These schools are located in the following counties: Olmsted, Dodge, Steele, Freeborn, Rice, Goodhue, Winona, Wabasha, Houston, Fillmore and Mower.
Low Incidence (LI) refers to disability areas that occur rarely or in low numbers. The Minnesota Low Incidence Projects focuses on several categorical areas, including Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD), Deaf and Hard of Hearing (DHH), Deaf-Blindness (DB), Developmental Cognitive Disabilities Mild-Moderate & Severe Profound (DCD MM/SP), Other Health Disabilities (OHD), Physically Impaired (PI), Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI), Vision Impairment (VI), and Severe Multiple Impairment (SMI).
R-CSPD is a program that provides workshops, inservices, and other activities for persons in Region 10 who work with learners who have disabilities. This may include general and special educators, administrators, parents, paraprofessionals, and community service providers. The intent of this project is to assist personnel in providing exemplary educational programs in the least restrictive environment for students with disabilities.
- Support equitable and accessible educational services by utilizing a multi-tiered system of support, including Universal Design for Learning to meet academic standards for all learners, with a specific focus on those with low incidence disabilities.
- Support licensed and certified educational staff serving students with low incident disabilities in all eight regions by building local capacity through high quality retention and recruitment.
- Collaborate with MN stakeholders to improve outcomes on the State Performance Plan (SPP) Indicators in the following areas: grad rates, dropout rates, performance and participation in statewide assessments, suspensions/expulsions, Free and Appropriate Public Education (FAPE), early intervention and preschool outcomes, parent involvement, transition and Least Restrictive Environment (LRE).
- Support access to equitable educational services across all eight (8) regional low incidence projects.
- Through professional development, support staff and parents have access to effective implementation for evidence-based practices.
- Strategies to Support Student Learning Outcomes
- Regional Brochure
- Regional Low Incidence Project (RLIP) Brochure
- Understood.org – Parents want the best for their children. We do, too. For the first time ever, 15 nonprofit organizations have joined forces to support parents of the one in five children with learning and attention issues throughout their journey.
- WCAG 3.0
Statewide Library through Minnesota State Academies
- MN Resource Libraries
MN Resource Libraries is a statewide library providing information and resources to help families and educators meet the educational needs of Minnesota children and youth who have a hearing and or vision loss.
- MN Resource Libraries Online Catalog
Regional Lending Library
Below is the Region 10 library of items that we have for check out. To check out an item; send and email to Christian Wernau or Kim Lucht with the following information:
If you would like to request an item you will need to request those from Christian Wernau at: email@example.com or call (507) 775-2037.
- Enter “Library Request” in the subject line.
- Indicate the recipient of the sender
- Address, City, State, ZIP
- Enter the title of the Item(s) you are requesting
- Indicate expected return date
Check out our Library (click on the image):
If that didn’t work try this Link
Region 10 Low Incidence Facilitator
Phone: (507) 775-2037
Cell: (507) 398-8433
Region 10 Low Incidence Projects Assistant
Fax: (866) 254-4047
Zumbro Education District
801 Frontage Road NW
Byron, MN 55920