REGION 10 ASD
COMMUNITY OF PRACTICE
Additional Autism Links:
Goal 1: Region 10 consultants will create shared learning experiences for general educators and other special educators in order to better understand how learners with ASD can participate successfully in the general education setting with more independence.
- Consultants will create a tip sheet for case managers to share with general educators containing information about ASD and it’s impact on education as well as specific strategies that support behavior and learning in the classroom.
- Objective 2: Consultants will build a presentation library of ASD information, modifications/adaptations and intervention strategies, to present to educators in staff meetings, PLC’s and classrooms.
- Objective 3: Consultants will create a shared template for Case Managers to complete and share with general education staff, that identifies student specific information that supports success and independence in the classroom.
Goal 2: State the goal to be achieved by the end the 2017 school year: Consultants will support ongoing implementation of the STAR/Links curriculum.
- At monthly meetings, consultants will collaborate and share information from STAR/Links external coach, internal coaches at district level and other users.
- Consultants will facilitate connections between those programs using STAR/Links curriculum through a variety of means (Go to Meeting, Site visits, Face Time, Drop Box, Google docs).
- State the goal to be achieved by the end the 2017 school year: NA