REGION 10 ASSISTIVE TECHNOLOGY
COMMUNITY OF PRACTICE
Goal 1: Improving Assistive Technology service delivery to build Capacity
Region 10 AT Training is available for increasing your knowledge and skills in providing access to students with disabilities to:
Join the Course
Goal 2: Increasing Accountability & Service Delivery Data Share with District Representatives
Goal 3: Expanding Outreach
Accessibility Quick Cards are available as a cheat sheet to making accessible documents to provide Accessible Educational Materials (AEM) for students.
The Arc's Tech Toolbox™ is a place to find, share, rate and review technology for people with disabilities.
Accessibility Settings: iOS 10 & 11 (iPad)
Check out the question scenarios below, if you find yourself asking the same question then click on the link and discover how you can assist your student by turning on the specific accessibility setting built into iOS 10.
Lending Library Resource Links:
- Southern Minnesota Assistive Technology Center (SMATC)
- Minnesota Star Program
- Simon Technology Center - PACER
- Ablenet Product Loan Program
- Administrator guide to accessibility for Google
- Learn about all of Google's accessibility products and features, or filter by different categories.
- MN Department of Education - Assistive Technology
- Assistive Technology for Reading
- http://www.windoweyesforoffice.com/ - GW Micro, in collaboration with Microsoft, is excited to provide people who are blind, visually impaired, or print disabled with a completely functional* and free license of GW Micro's Window-Eyes screen reader. Microsoft is offering customers who have a licensed** version of Office 2010 or later the ability to download Window-Eyes, a screen reader for Windows PCs, free of charge.
- Bookshare® has a number of guides and webinars to help you get the most out of Bookshare.
- View them here: https://www.bookshare.org/_/community/educators/training