News to Know
- Statewide Wiki: email Barb Lhotka (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Region 10 Dropbox: send an email to Kim Lucht or Christian Wernau for access. Please include Name, Email, and District.
- Minnesota Department of Education – Developmental Cognitive Disabilities
- http://www.setbc.org/ – On this website there are around 50 electronic books in Clicker, Intellitools and Powerpoint that you can download. There is also a curriculum set and a picture set. The picture set has some symbol displays in PDF format for those of you who don’t have boardmaker or don’t have the 5.0 and above versions.
- iPads for signifiant disabilities – This wiki is a collection of resources and ideas for using the iPad with students who have the most significant disabilities. I will make no attempt at defining the disabilities, but merely make some implementation and instructional suggestions for the iPad. Remember we don’t want to start with the tool, so please consider completing a SETT to determine if the iPad is indeed appropriate for your students. If so, I hope you find usable ideas here. Feel free to contact me with your ideas.
Reading A-Z pays close attention to the National Reading Panel’s recommendations and other research findings when developing its reading resources. The student and teacher resources on the Reading A-Z Web site have been developed to reflect the instructional practices and reading strategies that are best supported by research findings from a wide variety of sources. The resources also correspond to the findings of the Put Reading First federal initiative.
The results are organized around five key areas of reading instruction–phonemic awareness, phonics, fluency, vocabulary, and comprehension.
State & Regional Contacts
- Garrett Petrie
Education Specialist – Developmental Cognitive Disabilities
School-Wide Positive Behavioral Interventions & Supports
Standards-based IEPs & Alternate Assessment
Minnesota Department of Education