MN Low Incidence Transition Wiki Statewide supports:
- A collaborative group of MN Stakeholders have worked together to develop resources based on the MN Transition Survey that was sent out in the Winter of 2015. Priorities were identified based on the results of the educators that responded to the self identified level of knowledge related to the Post Secondary Transition with the use of the Used The Transition Team Leader Sustainability Toolkit; J.E. Gothberg, J.L. Coyle, P.D. Kohler. National Secondary Transition Technical Assistance Center now called National Technical Assistance Center on Transition (NTACT). Western Michigan Career Connections Research Center.
You are invited to assist us in building this site in a way that will be most helpful to the educators in MN. If you have resources available for staff to learn on their own and build PLC’s, it would be most helpful for you would comment on the page or send information to email@example.com.
Any questions, please ask me and I would be willing to do what I can.
Christian Wernau, Region 10 Low Incidence Facilitator
- To build a learning site based off the the MN Transition survey results.
- Share with staff that participated in the survey.
- Link resources to each folder where staff can have access to topics of interest and need.
- Link training material to the folders/pages
- Share via social media, recorded webinars, and in person trainings (based on results)
Hopes and dreams
- Identify critical learning objectives that staff must know.
- Create a pass/fail quiz that links them to a CEU if they pass, Incorrect answers if they fail to learn more… (remember this is a hope/dream).
- Build in EBP’s for Transition needs.
- What does the future look like
Post Secondary Resource Guide Now Available!
Please share with all your Teachers! We will be sharing this at each Community of Practice meeting as well.
- Family roles in Transition Planning (pg 18-22)
- Disclosing your disability to colleges (pg 23)
- Consider aligning accommodations / modifications from HS to college acceptable (pgs 26-27)
Possible recommended activities:
- CTIC Parent night to share and hold conversations on Post Secondary Expectations
- Use in IEP meetings to share with teams to hold discussions on appropriate accommodations, modifications, assessment strategies, learning strategies, etc…
- If you have any more ideas please share with everyone by using twitter #Rgn10tp
Transition Work – Based Learning