Accessible Font APHont -
APHont™ (pronounced Ay’-font), was developed by APH specifically for low vision readers. APHont embodies characteristics that have been shown to enhance reading speed, comprehension, and comfort for large print users.
The entire APHont Suite is available free-of-charge to qualified users for non-commercial purposes. The APHont Suite consists of Regular, Bold, Italic, and Italic Bold. You must certify use for or by a person with a visual impairment before downloading.
- have optimal access to the normal visual environment,
- have visual capabilities evaluated comprehensively and accurately through clinical low vision evaluations, and
- receive services from competent and qualified professionals.
- All students with low vision have a right to participate in a clinical low vision evaluation without cost inhibitors or geographical barriers.
- Clinical low vision evaluation is a necessary component of a student’s medical care and it does not replace existing medical services.
- Low vision services are a critical component of effective educational services to students with low vision.
- Students with low vision have individual needs, which may be met through a range of services, tools, and solutions.
Orientation & Mobility
- MN Department of Education – Blind-Visually Impaired
- Table Innovations - Welcome to the Table Innovations, Inc. Web-Site. Here you will find a detailed presentation of all our products, their uses and for whom they were designed. We specialize in high quality products including: rotating craft tables, folding craft tables and ink pad storage shelves. Follow this link to view our complete line of quality products.
- RECC https://www.tsbvi.edu/REC2Web/
- Essential Assessments Rubric http://www.earubric.com/
- Paths to Literacy www.pathstoliteracy.org/
- Dr. Denise Robinson: http://www.yourtechvision.com/
State & Regional Contacts
Blind / Visually Impaired Specialist
Minnesota Department of Education
1500 Hwy, 36 West, Roseville, MN 55113
(651) 582-8843 / fax (651) 582-8729
Region 10 Vision Network Members:
Mary Kautto - Austin
Dag Riseng - GCED
Gwen Howard – SMEC
Sandy Gorham - HVED South Cluster
Terri Kersting – HVED North Cluster
Connie Telschow - MSAB
Jeannie Worden - MSAB
Mary Ann Honeycutt - Owatonna
Rita Sanderson - Rochester
Karl-Peter Hammer - ZED
Manager: Donna Marhoun: 651-539-2307
Braille Techs: General line: 651-539-2315
Eileen Baker: 651-539-2303
Yvette Hennies: 651-539-2306
Sharon Obrestad: 651-539-2308
Librarian, Vicky Roberts: 651-539-2310
Library Assistant, Pat Barrett: 651-539-2304
Penny Carpenter: 651-539-2305
Valerie Snider-Wojack: 651-539-2314
Gail Stefanick: 651-539-2313
Allison O’Day: 651-539-2309
Judy Sanders: 651-539-2311
Jim Sarbacker: 651-539-2312