- have optimal access to the normal visual environment,
- have visual capabilities evaluated comprehensively and accurately through clinical low vision evaluations, and
- receive services from competent and qualified professionals.
- All students with low vision have a right to participate in a clinical low vision evaluation without cost inhibitors or geographical barriers.
- Clinical low vision evaluation is a necessary component of a student’s medical care and it does not replace existing medical services.
- Low vision services are a critical component of effective educational services to students with low vision.
- Students with low vision have individual needs, which may be met through a range of services, tools, and solutions.
Orientation & Mobility
- MN Department of Education – Blind-Visually Impaired
- Table Innovations - Welcome to the Table Innovations, Inc. Web-Site. Here you will find a detailed presentation of all our products, their uses and for whom they were designed. We specialize in high quality products including: rotating craft tables, folding craft tables and ink pad storage shelves. Follow this link to view our complete line of quality products.
- RECC https://www.tsbvi.edu/REC2Web/
- Essential Assessments Rubric http://www.earubric.com/
- Paths to Literacy www.pathstoliteracy.org/
- Dr. Denise Robinson: http://www.yourtechvision.com/
State & Regional Contacts
Blind / Visually Impaired Specialist
Minnesota Department of Education
1500 Hwy, 36 West, Roseville, MN 55113
(651) 582-8843 / fax (651) 582-8729
Region 10 Vision Network Members:
Mary Kautto - Austin
Dag Riseng - GCED
Gwen Howard – SMEC
Sandy Gorham - HVED South Cluster
Terri Kersting – HVED North Cluster
Connie Telschow - MSAB
Jeannie Worden - MSAB
Mary Ann Honeycutt - Owatonna
Rita Sanderson - Rochester
Karl-Peter Hammer - ZED
Manager: Donna Marhoun: 651-539-2307
Braille Techs: General line: 651-539-2315
Eileen Baker: 651-539-2303
Yvette Hennies: 651-539-2306
Sharon Obrestad: 651-539-2308
Librarian, Vicky Roberts: 651-539-2310
Library Assistant, Pat Barrett: 651-539-2304
Penny Carpenter: 651-539-2305
Valerie Snider-Wojack: 651-539-2314
Gail Stefanick: 651-539-2313
Allison O’Day: 651-539-2309
Judy Sanders: 651-539-2311
Jim Sarbacker: 651-539-2312