Blooms Taxonomy Apps - This page gathers all of the Bloomin’ Apps projects in one place! Each of the images has clickable hotspots and includes suggestions for iPad, Google, Android, and Web 2.0 applications to support each of the levels of Bloom’s Revised Taxonomy. The use of the triangle shape for Bloomin’ apps projects was specifically NOT used to help clear up the misunderstanding that the levels are hierarchical and the top levels only make up a tiny portion of the cognitive processes.
Explain Everything -Explain Everything is an easy-to-use design tool that lets you annotate, animate, and narrate explanations and presentations. You can create dynamic interactive lessons, activities, assessments, and tutorials using Explain Everything’s flexible and integrated design. Use Explain Everything as an interactive whiteboard using the iPad 2 (and the new iPad) video display.
Join me - With the join.me viewer, you can join an online meeting no matter where you go. View someone’s screen, share ideas and collaborate in real time, for free!
iPads for signifiant disabilities - This wiki is a collection of resources and ideas for using the iPad with students who have the most significant disabilities. I will make no attempt at defining the disabilities, but merely make some implementation and instructional suggestions for the iPad. Remember we don’t want to start with the tool, so please consider completing a SETT to determine if the iPad is indeed appropriate for your students. If so, I hope you find usable ideas here. Feel free to contact me with your ideas.
BehaviorLENS by SuperPsyched, LLC - Behavior Lens is a multimodal behavior observation tool created by school psychologists to identify the frequency, duration, and function of behaviors of interest for use on the iPad.
1. Interval Recording allows the user to estimate time-on-task by coding the individual’s behavior at pre-determined intervals, without requiring that the individual to be continuously observed. The tool allows the user to code behavior for a typical peer to obtain comparative data.
2. ABC (Antecedent, Behavior, Consequence) recording allows the user to collect information regarding the events that occur immediately preceding and following an individual’s behaviors of interest. Patterns emerge from ABC data that allow the user to see the relationship between the individual’s behavior and his environment. The tool allows the user to code not only actual consequences of problem behaviors, but also the “perceived function” of the individual’s behavior.
3. Duration recording allows the user to monitor the length of time an individual engages in a behavior of interest. Behaviors are recorded with an in-app timer as the behavior of interest begins and ends. The tool allows for multiple behaviors to be recorded simultaneously, and does not require a pre-determined observation length to ensure that all pertinent data is recorded.
4. Frequency recording allows the user to tally the occurrences of a behavior of interest over time. The tool allows for multiple behaviors to be recorded simultaneously, and does not require a pre-determined observation length to ensure that all pertinent data is counted.
D.A.T.A - The Direct Assessment Tracking Application (D.A.T.A.) is designed to allow users to precisely measure how often and how long events occur over time. The application can be used to conveniently and inconspicuously collect data on a wide range of events in a variety of settings.
- Language Arts
- Social Studies
- Interactive Books
- Primary Grades
- Other Subjects
- Special Needs
- Personal Use
- Websites to Use with iPads
Click on any of the blue titles to access the spreadsheet.
Brighter and Bigger -
“Brighter and Bigger” is a reading glasses tool for people who have difficulty reading fine print and focusing on nearby objects due to presbyopia, eye illness, etc.
Presbyopia is a normal condition for people over the age of 40, which arises from age-related changes in the anatomy of the eye. Moreover, it becomes difficult to read small letters due to eye illnesses, such as cataracts and low vision.