Directing the Work of Paraprofessionals
- Welcome to Directing the Work of Paraprofessionals. This professional development opportunity is developed to assist teachers in developing a cohesive team between the special education teacher and the paraprofessional.
- Infinitec Webinar – Roles and Responsibilities of the Paraprofessional
- 6 part webinar series to be watched as an instructional team (teacher / paraprofessionals)
- Demonstrate effective team planning
- Develop effective teaming practices
- Implement the practices of the Region 10 Paraprofessional handbook
- Demonstrate understanding of the MN Core Competencies for Teachers and Paraprofessionals
- Click on the link above to be redirected to the Infinitec webinar.
- Click the “Sign In” button on the top right corner.
- Sign In – you will be directed back to the webinar.
Instructions for 6 part webinar series to be watched as an instructional team (teacher / paraprofessionals)
- Find a common time to meet with your instructional team (teacher and paraprofessionals) about 30 minutes.
- Watch the webinar each approximately 5-10 minutes in length.
- In your instructional team, discuss the impact of teaming and how the competencies impact your day to day work using the guiding questions as a starting point.
- Utilize the Region 10 Paraprofessional Resource Manual as part of planning and discussion.
- provide a short response summarizing your discussion under the comments section below.
- At the culmination of the 6th webinar, please contact Kim Lucht or Christian Wernau to receive the link to the CEU Survey. Please indicate whether you are the teacher or paraprofessional.